Re: Joe...

mleuck <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I don't know why I bother to vote with the electoral college system that
>> basically makes my vote un-countable if I vote Democratic (for prez.) in Texas.
>
>That was put into place to give more power to smaller states, without
>it a candidate would only have to campaign in a few of the more
>popular states and ignore the rest

It has the opposite effect though. Now politicians only campaign in swing
states.

It just does not seem logical to me that someone can lose while still capturing
more individual votes.  Does that not seem wrong to you too?

Of course, Abraham Lincoln won without the popular vote too, and who knows what
where our Nation would be had he not won.  There may have never been a civil
war, and we could be living in two different countries on this continent. People
like you would own slaves, and speak German.

Your name is of German heritage, you are not one of Nazi's are ya? (jj)

>Besides only a fool votes for a Democrat president while in Texas

I vote with my conscious, not by party.  I could not in good conscience vote for
McCain for two reasons.  The deal breaker was when he announced his running-mate
and I got to know who she was.  The second reason (but not a deal-breaker) was
his policy towards keeping troops in Iraq for an indefinite period.

>> I envision a group that is made up of professionals whom
>> have no interest in long-term political careers.
>
>Oh you mean the current administration?

Not really Mark.  The current administration is just like the last 10, they are
all politicians.  Or was that a jab/prediction that Obama would not survive the
2014 elections?

>> > and insulting a large group of people
>> >with a sexual slur like that helps doesn't it? So "Bass-like"
>>
>> You just couldn't hold on long enough huh?  I was wondering when you'd start
>> beating a "dead horse".  It's a little too early Mark.
>
>Truth hurts

Nope, I take full responsibility for my "sexual slur".  I don't think it's funny
or appropriate to drag a dead man into this, obviously he can't defend himself
so it's also un-sportsman's like conduct.