Re: TruTest 800

JoeRaisin <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Anyone use this unit for smoke detector testing?

I've never seen that thing, too high $$.

When we used to check sensitivity manually on the Baylor campus we used what we
nicknamed "R2-D2".  It looked like a big steam vac. and had an atomizer dome on
top (hence the nickname).  We used mineral oil or some shit to cover the heads
with the vapor dome and timed it until the thing went in alarm.  Seems
counter-intuitive to me to expose a sensing chamber to 'oil', hell if I know..

Every system installed more recently has smokes with the sensitivity testing
built-in.
--
You'll be Ok, Enjoy.  Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo