Re: Got a Job Interview - Anyone heard of 'em?

On Aug 17, 9:35=A0am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe!!!!!!

Are you in this for you or for THEM?????

They wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell you you're laid offl

As I said before, if you ever want to be on your own, you've got to
treat your employers as a place that you go to get educated and take
advantage of what they offer you to use as a stepping stone to reach
YOUR goal.

If you think otherwise, and think that it will pay off, you just get
back to me someday when you HAVEN'T reached your present goal and tell
me how many of the places that you used to work for are helping you to
be happy and helping you to pay your bills.

This is YOUR future that you're playing with. They will be where they
want to be in the future.... with or without you and you've got to
think of them in the same way.

Look, without knowing the details, you could do this ..... Lets say
your interview is at 2PM. Make the ride to your class, get a phone
call from home that there's an emergency ( make up one that only you
must attend) and make your profuse apologies and determined inquirys
into how you can make up the class on your own time etc, etc and go to
the interview. Be prepared the next day to relate all the trouble you
had getting home in traffic and how tied up you were into the wee
hours of the morning with your "emergency" If you get the job, you get
it. If you don't you still have this one to cover your ass until the
next opportunity comes up.

I can remember many many years ago, I got laid off from a factory job
I had when I first got out of the Navy. I landed a job at a grundgy
mail order electronics place. The guy loved me because I had an
electronics background and almost all of the other people he had
working for him, didn't have a clue. It was really low pay and I was
working pumping gas and in a grocery store warehouse at the same time.
Had very little time to look for a job but would fit in phone calls
during lunch and other breaks setting up interviews. I'd set up an
interview at 1:00PM give the excuse that I had to go home and bring my
wife to the doctor or whatever, I'd go out to my car, change into a
suit and tie in the back seat of the car, do the interview, come back
whenever change back to my work clothes in the car .... with a big
story of what happened at the doctor and a hard time story about
having no insurance and increase drug bills and how sick the kids
were ....... and all would be well. Eventually the guy wanted to pay
me more and make me in charge of a department, still at much a lower
pay than I needed. ( he didn't know that I was working two other jobs
so I could pay the bills) But when I finally landed a better job, I
just told him that I found a better job and was leaving. I gave him
the two weeks that I told my new employer I felt obligated to give,
and left. I still worked the other two jobs for quite some time. Once
you get used to only 5 hours sleep and you're still in your 20's ....
you can do that. But long hours and little sleep does get you in
practice for when you own your own business. Also, it prepares you for
times in the future when one of your employee might try to do the same
thing to you. Ya see how it works?

And by the way, if sales is your weak point, see if you can find some
kind of course on line or a home video course and learn some of the
sales techniques. Sales is simply a pre arranged plan of what your are
going to say when someone gives you an objection. It's just something
that takes practice( some of which you can do on your own) and some on
the job training helps too. Even though I had sales background before
I got into this trade, when I started on my own business, I found
someone who was a freelance salesman for an alarm company and I would
go out with him in the evenings to see what he did. It didn't take but
3 or  4 times with him to be able to apply my background to what he
was doing. So if you've taken some sales courses and learned some of
the techniques you just need to practice and a little on the job
experience and once you make your first few successful sales calls,
you're on your way.

It's just something that you have to make your mind up that you're
going to have to do and DO IT. If you don't, just because you think
you 'suck" at it, you just put your self closer to that group of techs
that don't make it because they didn't have the talents other then
their technical skills. As I said, ya gotta know how to run a business
as well as do the technical stuff, if you want to be on your own and
be successful. Sales is just one part of it.