ICC-

> [...]
> > custom made red sign on it that said FIRE ALARM. The old fashioned
> > vibrating bells would create all kinds of interference with the
> > panels. Even after Ademco discontinued the 1011 he still required it
> > and no one was getting their systems signed off until someone ( months
> > later) finally convinced him that you couldn't get the product
> > anymore. Only then were we were allowed to use something else. Then
> > after that, I saw some companys were putting INSIDE horns on the
> > outside of the buildings and they were being signed off.
>
> > I just don't have the patience to deal with crap like that. I KNOW
> > WHAT's RIGHT and yet I've got to do what some asshole who doesn't even
> > know what his job is ..... says??? =A0And he can't be fired??? =A0 Not =
me.
> > I don't work that way. And I'm not the kind of person who's going to
> > shmooze up to someone like that, just to get my jobs signed off. I
> > ultimately told him to shove his stupid rules up his ass ..... got
> > fined $300.00 for the privlege and ultimately sent him a letter with a
> > copy to the county legislature, recounting all of the asinine things
> > he had done and was still doing. All of that just got me the
> > satisfaction of knowing that there wasn't a damn thing he could do to
> > me .... anymore. I've seen him twice since then and had fun fliping
> > him the bird. Every once in a while he sends his lackys to some of the
> > association meetings and I always succeed in putting them on the spot
> > about their lack of knowledge about their job or lack of being able to
> > show that their stupid rules make their jurisdiction any better than
> > other jurisdictions.
>
> > Like now they are saying that they wont accept VoIP as phone lines no
> > matter what. There are some new areas that are being developed here
> > that just don't have any communication copper at all. They don't have
> > an answer except that VoIP is not acceptable and they don't have an
> > alternative. So now, =A0all those people who's insurance requie that
> > they have fire alarms will just have to do ........ what?
>
> > And it's that blind, =A0..... I don't care what your problems are, thes=
> > are the rules that I made up, with no rhyme or reason and you have to
> > obey them ....... attitude, that pisses me off.
>
> Well one good thing here in Pa. all inspectors now must be certified
> under ICC (that blue card thing) and all answer to the state if a
> complaint is filed against them.
> So it has stopped alot of the nonsense that went on.
> In old days when i got one of those idiots a certified letter went to
> the towns =A0council =A0and then to there insurance carrier. clearly
> stating issues and consequences if shit hit the fan.
> Amazing how all the nonsense went away.When a township realized they
> could be held liable for there inspectors stupidity.
> Got to have balls as big as Godzilla for some of the things I have had
> to do but its either that or get on your knees and start sucking.-

That's what I'd thought years ago.
I can only hope that what I did ..... back then ..... gave somone else
some incentive to do something and that it might eventually stop the
crap in this area. But, from what I hear, it seems like the
electricians are gaining the ground that they pay for (in various
ways) and alarm companys are being slowly inched out of commercial
fire alarms. Only the National alarmcos get to bid on the big jobs
along with the electricians. It seems as if .... since the
electricians get to be known by the building and electical inspectors,
their names get passed on to the fire inspectors who give them an
advantage on fire jobs. Alarm companys don't have this connection so
they get a hard time which makes it unprofitable. Also, since the
electrical trade pretty much has price fixed their industry and have a
much larger profit margin on electrical work than alarm companys have
on alarm work, they can outbid an alarm company on an alarm job that
they are also doing the electical.

Same ol shit.
I'm sure happy I got my head out of it. It used to frustrated the hell
out of me. I still get pissed when I hear stories about what happens
now, but then I smile. I know you don't like residential but I gotta
tell ya, I don't get half as pissed as I used to, when I was doing
commercial fire. Little old ladies are a dream to handle compared to
an ignorant fire marshal and his lackys. Back then we had to do all
our own drawings too and now I don't have to do that and all the
redundent paper work either !  (Sigh of relief!);-)