Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

"Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> BTW... Since the Internet was invented by the US government
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web
>
>go read a bit and come back..

You do the same, when you learn the difference between the Internet and the WWW.
>\
>The US govt did nit invented the web..

You idiot.  I said the *Internet* not the WWW.  The WWW is actually HTTP, just
one of many protocols used on the Internet and it's relatively new compared to
everything else.  The US government invented the Internet in 1966.

http://www.nethistory.info/History%20of%20the%20Internet/origins.html

>If we let you go away like that, in some week the US govt would have created
>fire the wheel and the written language, and dont forget how the US created
>the first boat, domesticated the cows, pigs, and horses..

Put the crack pipe down.

>one other thing... the microchip..
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit
>
>The idea of integrated circuit was conceived by a radar scientist working
>for the Royal Radar Establishment of the British Ministry of Defence,
>Geoffrey W.A. Dummer (1909-2002), who published it at the Symposium on
>Progress in Quality Electronic Components in Washington, D.C. on May 7,
>1952.[1] He gave many symposia publicly to propagate his ideas. Dummer
>unsuccessfully attempted to build such a circuit in 1956.
>
>the USA did not invent the microchip.. they developed it.. but no
>invention..

That's why his name fits, you reckon?  In order to "invent" something, you have
to  make it work.   That was done

http://inventors.about.com/od/istartinventions/a/intergrated_circuit.htm

"It seems that the integrated circuit was destined to be invented. Two separate
inventors, unaware of each other's activities, invented almost identical
integrated circuits or ICs at nearly the same time.

Jack Kilby, an engineer with a background in ceramic-based silk screen circuit
boards and transistor-based hearing aids, started working for Texas Instruments
in 1958. A year earlier, research engineer Robert Noyce had co-founded the
Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation. From 1958 to 1959, both electrical
engineers were working on an answer to the same dilemma: how to make more of
less."

>On the transistor..
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor
>
>Physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld filed the first patent for a transistor in
>Canada in 1925, describing a device similar to a Field Effect Transistor or
>"FET".[1] However, Lilienfeld did not publish any research articles about
>his devices,[citation needed] nor did his patent cite any examples of
>devices actually constructed. In 1934, German inventor Oskar Heil patented a
>similar device.[2]
>
>Again no invention.. developed from idea's made by other's.. but no
>invention...

Again, look up the definition of "invention".  By your standards, Leonardo
Davinci "invented" the helicopter.

The transistor was invented by Bell Labs in the 1940's.

Wow... Three completely wrong statements in one post, and not a single correct
one.  That's a new record here in ASA.