Re: The Bling gang

"tourman" wrote in message...

> ...hoping that someone who may deal with people like this
> could chime in and give us some idea about the actual type of
> security normally installed in a $5million mansion owned by someone
> with more money than they know what to do with...

There is no set way of protecting/securing these homes. The systems would
range from no system at all to the most fancy sophisticated things you could
imagine.

It is what I call the "Space Shuttle Syndrome". People don't install
security unless there is a problem. If there is a problem, then they install
a minimal system. If there are more problems after that, then the money will
be forked out for additional security measures.

And as you get into the more expensive homes, there will always be people
there 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Totally different system - one
designed to alert the security people who are always there.

You might get a celebrity with a stalker problem. Then they are going to
have 24 hour armed guards and anyone "jumping the fence" will be detected
instantly. And they might be driven around in an armored vehicle with a
specially trained driver and a car following with security guys.

But no one wants all this security. They want to be able to go to the
grocery store or shopping or to a restaurant like normal people and not be
bothered. They only add security as they are forced to so.

Another way to do this is "hide in the open". Look normal. Don't go driving
around in a Rolls/Armored Suburban/limo, rather drive around in a VW bug,
old dented Chevy, or other non-descript vehicle. People will see them and
say "You know you look like so and so?". Then they say "Ya I hear the all
the time!".

Armored Suburban for around $125,000.00...
http://www.alpineco.com/armored/Chevy-GMC/suburban.html