Re: OT: Interesting article on the healthcare bill

"mleuck" wrote:

>> What I don't understand is why he thinks the richest nation
>> in the world should not provide healthcare as an entitlement.
>> I think it should be.
>
> Good for you, now you go pay for it

I've already paid for it by paying taxes and insurance premiums for many years.

> Yet managed care is now the law of the land, what do you
> think this whole healthcare bill was? Hello?

It's not managed care.  It's insurance reform.

> Now these same people who supposedly couldn't afford
> healhcare before must purchase it by law or face a $2,000
> fine, smart idea.

$2,000?  I don't think so.  Also, those who can't afford the
premium will be entitled (there's that word again) to assistance.

> BTW you can forget the lower cost of care, you can't insure
> everyone without a massive jump in premiums, I'm amazed
> how easily people forget how economies work.

You say that but you're wrong. The whole point of requiring
everyone to participate is that it's cheaper, per person if we
insure everyone than if we only insure those most likely to
be sick.

> Conservatives tend to favor less government involvement
> which is currently causing most of the problems you see now

It isn't conservatives that are causing problems.  It's greedy
insurance companys and the crooked congressmen in their
pockets.

> So why is it you can't get it through your head when this is
> expanded 200% that those same companies won't also pass
> the cost along?

Why is it you don't read the bill where it says we will
regulate what they can charge?  We will also require that
insurers spend much more of their premium income on
health care -- less for the top executives.

> Simple math: if your costs are higher the cost of your
> service is higher

Simpler math.  If they are required by law to stop ripping 30
to 40% or more off the top, there will be more for treatment.

>> Not everyone was born with the intelligence Jim, You,
>> I, and 99% of the our little ASA group here.

> <snicker>

The snicker implies you think you're smarter than Graham.
You have no idea how smart some of the people who post
here are, Mark.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass