Re: Penn Hills Firefighter assaulted by gang of youths

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> Or downloading files over a 56K modem at a blazing 3.5 kbps???
> Them were the days...  :-)

You reminded me of something, not long after we got "@Home" service, the first
high speed Internet service.  I was downloading an upgrade to Windows.  I forget
how large the file was but it was pretty big.  There was the standard warning on
screen about the download time.  Since the message was based on the fastest
current modems, it said something like 48 hours.  I hit the "next" link or
whatever it was at the time and went to make some instant coffee.  As I was
coming back into the room a few minutes later I heard, "File done".  :^)

The service at that time was shared 10-megs.  If there were a few people on the
same node it would be more like 1 or 2 megs.  Now I get 15 megs pretty
regularly.  We even considered stationinh a backup machine for my servers right
in my house.  Somehow you're supposed to be able to do that with this "cloud"
configuration that my business servers use.  That stuff is way beyond me though.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics