Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:35:32 -0500, G. Morgan <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>dbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David DeLaney) wrote:
>>... but not to groups where it's NOWHERE NEAR ON-TOPIC sheesh. Plus, from
>>your alphabetical pick of newsgroups above, it looks like you're going two
>>by two through alt.* and hooking each of those to a Big 8 group to see if it
>>will propagate better; that doesn't make it any less spam.
>
>Those are most likely groups he reads regularly, I know 2 are. He was remarking
>to his friends and colleagues to his favorite haunts how disgusting that policy
>is.

So? Blathering about it to groups where it's NOT ON TOPIC is spam. We jump
hard on spam here, to make sure there isn't a second or Nth offense, because...

>Since he preceded it with "off topic", and he's a Marine, I'd say he has every
>right to post his opinion where he sees fit.

...so many many people think THEY know better than we do what we want to see
on this here newsgroup. I snap my fingers at his online Marine-ness, so:
<snap>
If he really was a Marine, which I'll admit is possible, he'd KNOW to scope
out a situation before barging into the midst of it, and to figure out what
the rules of engagement ARE, as opposed to what he wants them to be.

>If you don't want to read it that's why he put the "off topic" there, for
>bozo's like you.

Sorry, dear (and Bob the Angry Flower will show up for you, please stay
seated), that's not your call or his. Unless he's got magical technology
that makes the post never download in the FIRST place to exactly the people
who don't want to read it, he doesn't get to claim "I SAID this was going to
be something you didn't want to listen to before I started yelling in your
ear in parade-ground voice!". [Hint: Such tech is available. It's called NOT
PUTTING r.a.sf.w IN THE NEWSGROUPS LINE]

>Nice try with the "follow-up to:",  very bad form.

Oh, I see it did get you at least once. Its work here is done. now SHOO, you're
being boring.

Don't make me call Terry on your presumably-a-friend.

Dave

PS: I don't know which of the other two groups you read, but I know it's not
this one. so aroint ye.
--
\/David	DeLaney	posting	from dbd@xxxxxxx "It's not the pot that	grows the flower
It's not the clock that	slows the hour 	The definition's plain for anyone to see