Re: want to see Bass trying to get out of an argument that he cant win?

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:26:44 -0400, JoeRaisin <Joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Don't forget the current crop of idiots who are doing nothing to help.
>(that wasn't a partisan jibe - I don't like any of 'em since I can't see
>a dimes worth of difference between the two main parties - I'm more of a
>federalist than anything else)

I'm leaning more towards Libertarian, just want the gov. to back-off.

>The legalization of marijuana would be a boon.  Lots of farmland suffers
>from inadequate water - hemp requires less irrigation and farmers can
>sell their crops to different industries - the stalks can be used for
>paper in a process that is cheaper and cleaner than traditional wood
>pulp production.  They an also be used as a high cellulose cattle fodder.
>
>It is one of the best fallow year crops that there is.
>
>Seeds can be used for food with their high protein content and high
>levels of essential fats.  Extract the oil for fuel and you still have a
>high protein seed cake that can be used as a base food.
>
>It is also the most benign intoxicant.  It has less negative effect on
>judgment (I still would rather folks don't drive on it - doing 30mph in
>a 55mph one can be aggravating to others) it is not possible to die from
>overdose, it doesn't elevate aggression and, while a case can be made
>hat it is addictive, it is only mildly so with withdrawal consisting of
>headache and fitful sleep for a night or two.  In fact, there is only
>one intoxicant where withdrawal routinely endangers the addicts' lives
>and requires close medical supervision to prevent death - alcohol.
>
>As Graham said, if we use a tax structure akin to alcohol or tobacco it
>would generate a huge windfall - that along with a minimum age of use. I
>would prefer 25 given the possible link to amotivational syndrome - a
>condition that is arguably due to heavy use and, other than lung cancer,
>the only negative associated with marijuana use and then, typically,
>only with heavy use.

Excellent post Joe.  Now let's see what the naysayer's argument's are for
keeping it criminalized.  We forgot to mention the courts/jails being clogged
up with stupid possession charges.