Re: want to see Bass trying to get out of an argument that he cant win?

mleuck wrote:
> Extracting isn't the problem, the problem is cost of extracting, yes
> you can get Ethanol from a lot of sources however many times you end
> up using more energy to extract Ethanol than the energy Ethanol
> contains which defeats the purpose. Also alcohol attracts water which
> is not a good thing up north during the winter when you fuel lines
> freeze. Cost of producing the product is why a lot of Ethanol
> refineries where I grew up went bust.

Everything has a cost. There is no free lunch. But when you have
solutions starting you right in the face, the only problem seems to be
big oil greed.

> The Midwest can't produce enough of it to satisfy our needs

Sure you can. It just takes gasoline to reach $5.00+ to magically remove
any obstacles. We had the chance to avoid all this back in the 1980's.
We have long since achieved new technologies now that can easily make
this all a possible.

> And they didn't get there without massive government subsidies, also
> they are slowly moving away from all alcohol vehicles back to more
> gasoline-based engines mostly because they found a massive oil deposit
> off Brazil's shores recently

What makes you think that big oil don't already get subsidies from
shipping it all in?

> Easier said than done which is why we are a gasoline based society

We are a gasoline society until the wells run dry. By that time, it will
make this recession look like a wet dream. We can be truly like China.
Community bicycles everywhere.

Jim Rojas