Re: lightning

On Sep 15, 12:36=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Just Looking" <S...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >A surge caused by lightning or a direct hit? There are plenty of product=
> >like the Ditek DTK-RM12POE. For a direct hit you'll need that DeLorean D=
MC-12
> >from "Back to the Future" to go back and get it all disconnected and pow=
ered
> >down BEFORE the hit.
>
> Just make sure you're doing precisely 85 mph

Canadian codes are actually stronger than in US in many cases
including ULc Listings

Direct hits can be stopped but it takes all kinds of specail grounding
and equiptment like we use on transmission towers.

the whole idea why NEC wants surge protection is to limit damage from
a direct hit and prevent a fire.