Re: want to see Bass trying to get out of an argument that he cant win?

G. Morgan wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:39:42 -0700 (PDT), mleuck <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> But I'm also in favor of legalization of the other type as well.
>> That'll make G happy
>

> It would.
>
> If anything should be illegal it's alcohol.  I've never even heard about
> someone too stoned that crashed a car, or beat up their wife.
>
> MJ is impossible to overdose on.  And the medicinal benefits are bountiful
> (pain, nausea, anti-anxiety, glaucoma, palsy... to name a few).
>
> Besides the medical and recreational use,  hemp has a multitude of uses as
> well (fuel, textiles, rope, etc...)
>
> And... If it was legal, they would tax the hell out of it.  It would help
> pickup the economy that the idiot you voted for both times ruined.

Don't forget the current crop of idiots who are doing nothing to help.
(that wasn't a partisan jibe - I don't like any of 'em since I can't see
a dimes worth of difference between the two main parties - I'm more of a
federalist than anything else)

The legalization of marijuana would be a boon.  Lots of farmland suffers
from inadequate water - hemp requires less irrigation and farmers can
sell their crops to different industries - the stalks can be used for
paper in a process that is cheaper and cleaner than traditional wood
pulp production.  They an also be used as a high cellulose cattle fodder.

It is one of the best fallow year crops that there is.

Seeds can be used for food with their high protein content and high
levels of essential fats.  Extract the oil for fuel and you still have a
high protein seed cake that can be used as a base food.

It is also the most benign intoxicant.  It has less negative effect on
judgment (I still would rather folks don't drive on it - doing 30mph in
a 55mph one can be aggravating to others) it is not possible to die from
overdose, it doesn't elevate aggression and, while a case can be made
hat it is addictive, it is only mildly so with withdrawal consisting of
headache and fitful sleep for a night or two.  In fact, there is only
one intoxicant where withdrawal routinely endangers the addicts' lives
and requires close medical supervision to prevent death - alcohol.

As Graham said, if we use a tax structure akin to alcohol or tobacco it
would generate a huge windfall - that along with a minimum age of use. I
would prefer 25 given the possible link to amotivational syndrome - a
condition that is arguably due to heavy use and, other than lung cancer,
the only negative associated with marijuana use and then, typically,
only with heavy use.