Re: maintaining a neat cable bundle

On 13/09/2009 7:23 PM, Christopher Glaeser wrote:
> I need to run several cables underneath the eves of a house, but would like
> the option to easily add more cables to the bundle in the future.  The
> screw-in Panduit style cable tie wraps would be ideal, except that adding
> another cable would require unscrewing all of them and replacing them.  I
> don't mind the cost of replacing tie wraps, but don't want to unscrew and
> rescrew the tie wraps to add a cable.  Is there a screw head that is
> specifically designed to hold a tie wrap, or a Panduit style tie wrap that
> can be untied and retied?

Some excellent suggestions offered so far... another one you could
consider is using plastic split loom, and attaching it at intervals to
the eave with short panhead or waferhead screws, then not only can you
pop the wiring in and out of it at will, but it will hide all the wiring
and make the whole thing look extra-clean.  If needed, you can also use
black zap-straps at intervals to hold it all closed.

http://www.thefastenerconnection.com/Products/Splitloom.html#SplitLoom