Re: OT: Homerun

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> I seem to remember the Republitards making a huge political "stink" in ASA
> prior to the 2004 election.  They are were remarkably quiet last year, with
> no legs to stand on.

In all fairness, Liberal Democrats (including yours truly) made just as much
noise here during the 2004 campaign as the Republicans.  The difference is
that we spoke truthfully about GW Bush's atrocious administration and the
illegal acts he and Cheney committed.  The right-wing nutcases, having nothing
legitimate about which to complain, resort to lies about Obama's citizenship,
lies about his political history, lies about his Christianity, etc.

Obama has honestly tried to reach across the aisle to the Republicans, seeking
bipartisanship and looking for common ground.  Republicans have cynically
dealt with him at every turn.  In an effort to derail Obama's presidency,
Republican politicians have lied to the American people and (as usual) broken
every public campaign promise they ever made.  These are not honest patriots
with whom we disagree on matters of policy.  They are a bunch of crooks.

It is important to recognize the kind of nonsense that Republicans post here
for what it is.  As Bill Clinton so aptly described it in discussing the
Republican brouhaha over a comment about General Petraeus, a classic bait and
switch.  This "politics of distraction" is designed to get stupid people to
concentrate on nonsensical lies instead of remembering the horrible things
which they (the Republicans) did to our nation, to our allies and even to our
enemies.

Following is a quote from Clinton in an interview with John King (CNN):

CLINTON: Oh yeah. That's right. "I don't have to deal with Iraq. I don't have
to tell anybody what I'm going to do. Everything we do in Iraq is obviously
right because they said this about Petraeus," as if it was the only issue in
the whole wide world. Come on, these Republicans were all upset about
Petraeus - this was one newspaper ad - these are the people that ran a
television ad in Georgia with Max Cleland, who lost half his body in Vietnam,
in the same ad with Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. That's what
Republicans do. And the person that rode into the Senate on that ad was there
voting to condemn the Democrats over the Petraeus ad. I mean, these are the
people that funded the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The President appointed
one of the principal funders of the Swift Boat ads to be an ambassador, but
they're really upset about the Petraeus one. It's okay to question John
Kerry's patriotism on the blatantly dishonest claims by people that didn't
know what they are talking about. So it was just bait and switch. It was "Oh,
thank goodness, I can take this little word here and ignore what we've done in
Iraq and what we're gonna do and the outrageous way that we're gained
political power by smearing John Kerry."

When people who hide behind pseudonyms like our friend, "Kid," post this sort
of tripe about Obama, it's not because they believe what they're saying --
they know they're lying.  It's not even because they would have cared if it
were true, which it is not -- it's intended to distract from the issues at
hand.  Obama was handed the biggest political and socio-economic mess in our
nation's history since the civil war by the Bush administration which these
bastards blindly supported during eight years of mayhem.  They are the reason
our country is in economic ruin yet they try to blame Obama for not fixing it
in eight months, all the while having fought tooth and grimy fingernail to try
to prevent him from doing anything good at all.

Other than that, you just have to love these guys, right?  :^)

Oh, and by the way, I would be unfair if I didn't mention one more thing.  I
don't believe that the above describes all Republicans or even all Republican
in this newsgroup.  But it certainly applies to some.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics