Re: OT Atlas Shrugged.

"too fat for a ladder" wrote:

> If America wasn't policeman to the world the Europenises would be living
> under a swaztika, and the Aussies would be eating sushi....

Ausies do eat sushi. So do Americans.  However, the US was not trying to be
the police during World War II.  In fact, many (most?) Americans wanted
nothing to do with the conflict until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.  When the
war was over we still didn't take it upon ourselves to police the world.  In
fact, we allowed Russia to dominate much of Europe and Britain the Middle
East.

We really only started this US=cops thing with Vietnam.  Even then it was
based on the stupid "domino theory" that if we let the "commies" win in
Vitetnam we'd soon be fighting them here on US soil.  Well, North Vietnam did
win and, with the exception of a few nut-cases, we've not had to fight any
communists on American soil in the ensuing 30+ years.

Bush tried to pull the same crap as Johnson, telling us that if we didn't
fight Al Queda in Iraq (while Al Queda wasn't yet in Iraq), we'd soon have to
fight them here.

> The rest of the free world should be kissing our asses for shedding all that
> blood protecting them.

We didn't join WWII to protect the rest of the free world.  We joined because
we were attacked.  Had the Japanese continued to negotiate with us, the US
government would not have done anything about them for at least a few more
years.

> The problem in America has been caused by one party. The Republicrats are to
> blame.

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

> From Pelosi to McCain this country is ruled by people that take an oath to
> uphold, protect, and preserve our constitution, but all they do is violate
> it...

Let the church say, "Amen!"

> The health care problem in this country is caused by illegal immigrants and
> scumbag naturalized citizens that use our emergency rooms as health clinics.

Accprding to Reuters news, "there are 45.7 million people, or 15.3 percent of
the U.S. population, who lack health insurance."  Further, "There are 6.1
million uninsured adults who are illegal immigrants and 700,000 uninsured
children who are illegal immigrants, according to an estimate by the
non-partisan Pew Hispanic Center, which was based on Census data."

What that means is that there are about 6.9 million uninsured, illegal aliens
residing in the US.  That represents less than 15% of all uninsured residents
and just over 2% of the entire population of the country.  Regardless if you
support health care for illegals or not, their numbers are not swamping the
system.

> These people bring their kids to emergency rooms to get check ups.

That's not true, actually.  US hospital emergency rooms don't offer checkups
to anyone, much less illegal aliens.

> We get hit with the tab which is much greater than a standard visit to the
> doctor's office.

Agreed.  When uninsured residents, legal or not, visit an ER for routine
matters, we do get hit with a higher tab.  That is one of the reasons we need
to provide routine, *preventative* care for people who are unable to get
insurance.  It's much less costly than letting them get really sick and have
to go to the ER.

> If we would protect our borders properly we would save trillions.

If we would treat immigrants from all countries equally (in this land where
equality is treasured), we would have a lot less *illegal* aliens.

> I'm not saying we keep eliminate immigration here. I'm saying make these
> fuckers come through our front door, register upon entry, and pay taxes like
> everyone else.

On this we agree wholeheartedly.  Open the door the same to Mexicans,
Brazilians and Hatians as to the Brittish, French and Irish.  Make them legal
and make them pay taxes.

> Giving them health care would be cheaper than allowing them to continue
> stealing it.

Agreed again.

> Our health care system is also in trouble because of frivolous lawsuits,
> pharmaceutical companies gouging us for nonsense, insurance companies
> spending 66% of their revenue on administration, and our Medicare system
> being run by idiots.

Same answer.

> Now what most people don't realize is that they are choosing sides
> between someone that wants to fuck their grandmother in the ass and
> someone who wants to fuck their grandmother in the ass twice...

I've never been all that fond of grandmothers so I'll have to take your word
for it.  :^)

> Fucking sheep is all we are...

I've also never been all that fond of mutton so I'll take your word on this
one, too.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass