Re: A "HUH" phone call

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DdCdnVBqadrp0wLXnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Crash Gordon" wrote:
>
> This reminds me of a funny episode in CT.
>
>> In retrospect I guess I could remove the box and leave the detection and
>> keypads up...it'd be a maintenance, trouble, false alarm free system! :-)
>
> If you were ABC Alarm of CT...

BTW, the company was actually ABC Alarm Company of Milford, CT.  I'm pretty
sure Tom would have run across their trash installation work since he worked
there for some time before moving to NY State.  They not only screwed the
hardware store I mentioned but most everyone else they did business with.
Perhaps that's why Doug refuses to believe they're that bad -- they're his
kind of folks.

ABC managed to annoy so many clients that someone eventually contacted the AG
about them.  Turns out they didn't even have a license.  Check the following
link for more on these scammers:
http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/view.asp?A=1778&Q=283900

Doug, what is/was your relationship with these folks?