Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 2, 9:46=EF=BF=BDam, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Like yourself, it takes quite a few years to build up a good name in
> the business, and this is eventually what keeps you going against
> competitors lower priced than yourself. I don't need to concern myself
> much about it anymore but this low balling doesn't do the industry any
> good overall. I think what pisses me off the most is that the
> organizations that supposedly represent the security industry are more
> concerned about maintaining the status quo than they are about raising
> issues that really matter, but don't do so because they would step on
> their members toes if they did....especially the big companies in the
> business. So nothing ever really happens.....-

Now THAT'S a subject near and dear to my heart. And it's been often
noted that my heart is located in my ass. If they would have been
doing their job for the decades that they've been around, my concerns
stated above about workmanship, would have been addressed long ago by
way of standards and inspections. In my opinion, this trade will not
become or ever be accepted as truly "professional" until we have to
meet those obligations. It was mind boggling to me a few years ago,
that the NFPA had to come out with burglar alarm standards and the
NBFAA objected to that. And there were people who were cheering them
on. Un F..... believable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!