Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 3, 2:39=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 10:28 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 10:00 pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > I don't know what the average rate was in your area when you were a n=
ewcomer
> > > to the alarm business and priced your service at $15 full service, bu=
t if
> > > the average rate was $25 then you priced yourself 40% below your
> > > competitors. If the average rate was $20 then you priced yourself 25%=
 below
> > > the competition.
>
> > > If the rate you charge is still only $15 for full service, then a new=
comer
> > > charging $12 for full service is only undercutting you by 20%.
>
> > > I'm sorry but I fail to see any logic to your position that things ha=
ve gone
> > > from the sublime to the ridiculous, you apparently entered the game a=
> > > between 25% to 40% below your competitors and now are unhappy when ot=
hers
> > > are entering at 20% below your price.
>
> > > Doug
>
> > RHC: No....I'm unhappy about the newcomers who don't do good work
> > whatever they charge, $12 OR $25.. Bottom line, the super discounters
> > don't affect me much if at all. You've missed the point of this
> > discussion. When the price gets too low, with people scrambling to get
> > accounts at any cost, that's the start of a downhill slide in the
> > industry. If the "super discounters" were to actually do good work,
> > and give good service, then my hat would be off to them !! But that
> > doesn't happen.-
>
> What the point of this "discussion Is a very good question ....... is
> it that you dug up the same old horse and have begun beating it again.
>
> YOU know that you are never going to get anyone here to agree with you
> on either lockouts or term contracts yet you've got to bring it up
> again and AGAIN and FUCKING A G A I N =A0!
>
> What's the point? WHATS =A0 *IS* =A0THE POINT?
>
> NO one here EVER brings up the subject but YOU!
>
> Really now ..... do you think you're EVER going to convince ANYONE
> here to believe in your fetish with these subjects?
>
> ROBERT ...............THERE ARE LOCKOUTS AND THERE ALWAYS WILL
> BE ....
>
> THERE ARE LONG TERM CONTRACTS AND THERE ALWAYS WILL BE.
>
> NOW TELL us REAALLLY ...............WHAT"S YOUR FUCKING
> POINT???????????????????????
>
> Good christ almighty ...... bury the goddamned horse and leave it
> alone. We know what you think and you know what we
> think .............. =A0 =A0 DAMN!

RHC: You may not agree with it, nor any other dealer who sees it as in
some way assisting his business, but the fact still remains that it is
abused far more often than it is truly useful, and stating this FACT
is the point of this discussion.

It may be a dead horse, and you may be tired of it, but that doesn't
change things. I can bring up the poor state of organizational
representation of the security industry and because you agree with it,
you say nothing, but nothing happens unless someone says something.

I've said my piece, and you are right, nothing will change simply
because too many in the industry see it in a self-serving fashion,
rather than putting themselves in others shoes.

I sure don't want to own this horse, and I've beaten it enough, so
fair enough, and to keep peace in the newsgroup,I'll drop