Re: False Alarm

mleuck wrote:
> On Oct 9, 4:07 pm, Injun Ear <gonsleen...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Last night, I got a call from my monitoring service saying my hall
>> motion detector had tripped the alarm.  We were at a church meeting.
>> They said they were sending the cops.  When we arrived home everything
>> was intact.  No doors or windows breached.
>>
>> So, what could have caused the Honeywell Aurora motion detector, that
>> was just installed 3 months ago, to go off?  Could it be a loose
>> connection or could it be a bug walking across the contacts?  I
>> installed this system myself using most of the existing wiring from my
>> old system.  This is the first problem I have had with it.
>
> The most likely reason for it going off is that it's a Honeywell
> Aurora motion

Don't they have the multiple pulse count selector??  2 through infinity
(the latter setting would ensure they *never* went off).  Whoops...  I'm
confusint that with the AlarmFarce "pet proof" detector.  Pulse count?
What's that?   We'll just mount the sucker 3 and a half feet from the
floor and turn it upside down.  Then we'll stick a sign out front with a
big red line on it.  "Notice:  Burglars must be taller than this line to
break in.  Caution, we will use threatening language if you do (in both
official languages)."