Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 8, 5:11=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 3:02=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > My takeovers were done while I was with a small company, as far as I
> > know I was the only one in the area doing nothing but takeovers.
>
> > A number of them could have been walk aways I suppose but that would
> > have been surrendering to the challenge.
>
> RHC: Why take on odd ball equipment that can come back to bite you in
> the ass !! =A0Not to be critical, but it seems a poor business decision
> to me, and certainly not attractive to any prospective buyer when or
> if you sell out......

Not really, a lot of customers are so attached to the system they have
they don't want to upgrade and assuming the system has no issues and
the customer is made aware that if something fails they will have to
have the whole thing replaced I don't see an issue and it saves them
money on new equipment

Obviously there are limits although if it can be programmed and is in
working condition I took it over

> =A0RHC: Ah, as you know, the only way to do it in other than a "hit and
> =A0miss" way is with the proper technology and the proper backdoor
> =A0approach (a la Jim Rojas....)
>
> =A0Not really, there are other undocumented ways, depends on the panel,
> =A0also just because the installer code has been changed and the board
> =A0locked doesn't mean they changed the download code, keep in mind less
> =A0than 5% of installers actually download.
>
> RHC: Shssh...those tricks are supposed to stay secret.....:))

I've stated that in the past, I can't tell you how many panels I've
been able to program doing something simple like that