Re: Telco / Cable company alarm jack connection problems

On Oct 4, 12:27=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 10:44=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I wish there was one, I've been dealing with that stuff for 20 years
> > > and you will never get it resolved. Sometimes they do it without
> > > realizing it and sometimes they do it intentionally and as you know
> > > you have no recourse but to do a service call.
>
> > > And yea you can spend 5 minutes training them however phone people
> > > don't hang around long at the job so you'll be spending ALL of your
> > > time training the next guy...then the next....
>
> > RHC: Absolutely right !! Most of the time they are gone long before
> > the client notices there is a problem. I could send a newsletter out,
> > but I seriously doubt it would make much difference. All my contact
> > numbers are on the panel in clear site, so really there is no excuse.
> > It's when I see the alarm connection =A0cut and just hanging there, tha=
> > I have to think this is deliberate sabotage sometimes as you say....
>
> > You know, I worked in big business for many years, and one thing I
> > learned was that a complaint is like a ball of smelly turd. If you
> > send it to the top, it rolls downhill and makes a big splash along the
> > way, and often gets results. However, if you push the turdball uphill
> > from the bottom, it "erodes" along the way, and ends up at the top
> > smelling like roses, and achieves nothing. I think I'm going to go
> > right to the top of each of these organizations and raise the issue in
> > a very factual way to see if something can't be done. I bitch a lot
> > about problems so I guess I better back it up with action.
>
> > I'm still open to suggestions, and I'll let you know how it goes.
> > However, based on my experience, don't anyone hold their
> > breathe......:))
>
> I will not be surprised if you posted something like this again in 10
> years, it's a problem that will never go away

RHC: You know, my gut tells me the only way to get through to these
big companies is to find a way to hit them financially. They simply
don't understand any kind of pressure other than their bottom line.
But the only way I can see this happening is if customers start
holding them financially responsible for the actions of their techs or
subs. And this would mean that I have to bill my clients for the
service calls. And even then, other than going against my best
instincts and doing so, I doubt that many would follow through with
these companies and demand repayment for expenses billed by me to them
for the call.

Seems we're all between a rock and a hard place ! But I'm gonna try
anyway.....