Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 9, 7:38=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 9:29=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> =A0I've stated that in the past, I can't tell you how many panels I've
> =A0been able to program doing something simple like that
>
> RHC: Yeah, there are ways around most everything if you know how to do
> it.
>
> This brings to mind another point. I routinely get boxes of boards
> sent to me to unlock, and I find a lot of them are simply not locked.
> Many have been defaulted properly and it seems they don't know the
> default installers code !!....???? =A0It seems many installers don't
> know how to properly deal with these boards, and in spite of the
> cautions on my website to take before sending them to me, I still get
> a lot of boards that are not locked.......

Yea I saw that one too, I had a friend make a code cracker using a
Toshiba PLC hooked to an ancient PC2500 keypad. The thing would bang
out codes until it "heard" the 3 beep tone from the speaker indicating
you were in programming. Because of that I got tons of DSC boards from
techs company-wide and a good 30% weren't locked out, most were PC1550
v3 boards and the tech didn't know 1500 would work instead of 1550 or
the other way around.

> I also get a lot that are in alarm, are locked, with a keypad lockout
> active too.....seems more like deliberate sabotage !! But as much as
> am down on ADT and other large companies, it's very rare I find one of
> their boards ever locked....mostly the small to medium sized companies
> who use the feature

It might be sabotage but then again many people moving in try punching
in things to see if they work and get the same outcome. I can only
thing of one instance of real sabotage and that company stripped and
twisted every wire behind the control panel together.

And I rarely see locked ADT panels either, if it's locked it usually
was installed by an authorized dealer and not core ADT