Re: GEM-P3200 on/off report

On Oct 4, 1:24=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0c373ff1-5115-4f2f-a69=
5-
> > Too bad he doesn't have DSC, he'd be done in less than a minute
> > downloading
>
> After he spent a week downloading updates.

Point well taken although if you usually deal with one or two panels
you don't need most of the updates, DLS-2002's main problem is
database management, watch the thing slow to a crawl when you get 100
or more accounts in a folder

> > or keypad programming
>
> I keypad program modern DSC panels because its easier than setting up the=
ir
> software. =A0The old DSC software was pretty easy to use though.

Yup, unfortunatly they may have mucked everything up with DLS-IV which
requires installing Microsoft Framework 3.5 and starts off as an
installer which downloads the core program. That sucks if your machine
isn't on the net or behind a firewall, they need to release a stand-
alone