Re: Smoke detectors for the elderly

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> Maybe someone in ASA can get you a deal on some units.

In my previous home there were 110V smokes in each room they were
interconnected and with 9V backup.  They had very low-pitch buzzers --
definitely not piezos.  I don't recall the make or model and I suspect they
were pretty old.  I replaced them with System Sensor detectors.

You've probably seen the outrageously overpriced detectors from "LoudnLow" --
a company that makes it's money by gouging hearing deficient victims.  There's
a company that makes a low-frequency sounder which responds to the high-pitch
noise from conventional smokes.  It's called Telex.  Their product is also
pricey but at least you won't be out $1200.  I can't speak for the quality of
their product as I haven't tried one.  Here's a link:

http://www.teltex.com/Home.asp

Hope that helps.

--

Regards,