Re: GEM-P3200 on/off report

On Oct 4, 2:56=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>
> >> Why go to all that trouble when you could easily walk him
> >> through keypad programming, assuming you CAN do that
>
> > It's a pain because O/C reporting is turned on per user. =A0You
> > turn on opening per user, and then your turn on closing per
> > user. =A0Also the address programming for Napco panels is a
> > little strange to start with.
>
> If Leuck knew anything about Napco panels he wouldn't have asked. =A0I've=
 been
> working with Napco longer than Leuck has been out of diapers and, other t=
han
> adding/editing user codes, I would not advise any end user to program a P=
3200
> from the keypad.

Why? Nothing wrong with spending a few minutes keypad programming a
panel, Although Napco isn't easy it certainly isn't that hard.

=A0In fact, even that simple operation is better done via the
> PC because that way when the user reprograms something he doesn't over-wr=
ite
> his changes.
>
> Leuck chides me for not doing it the hard way but he never offers to help
> anyone. =A0What a schmuck.

I just find it ironic that with the one brand you claim to know you
either are unwilling or can't do something so commonplace that 99% of
installers know how to do. His location makes it very doubtful that
you or Rojas will be able to get the guys panel online so he must now
spend more money and time buying the MINI adapter, getting the
software, learning the software then downloading his panel for the one
small change he's wanting to make. I'd say I've helped him a lot more
than you on this one

Too bad he doesn't have DSC, he'd be done in less than a minute
downloading or keypad programming