Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

On Oct 7, 6:33=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well for one thing they have to figure out what the installer code is
> which unless you have a lot of free time to punch buttons or know
> someone who works at that company and is willing to share the code
> which is highly unlikely. I had a massive list of lockout codes for
> the Dallas Ft Worth area but I can still think of a number of
> companies who's installer code I could never figure out.

RHC: Mark, I am genuinely confused by your response above. There are
only four possible situations unless some makes of alarms work in a
fashion that is different from DSC, Caddyx, Ademco and Paradox.

One, you don't have the installer code and the board is NOT locked =3D
hardware default and reprogram
Two, you don't have the installer code and the board IS locked =3D
change the board and reprogram
Three, you DO have the installer code and the board is not locked =3D go
in and / or default, then reprogram
 Four, you Do have the installer code and the board is locked =3D go in
and unlock, then reprogram and / or default

Am I missing something here...where does the installer have to spend
time banging on  the keyboard other than on normal reprogramming ?

ML: Actually that $50 IS a big deal, most installers don't carry extra
> boards so they leave, order the replacement board then come back so
> that often doubles or triples that $50.

RHC: I know in a small business situation, a clear case can be made
that the installer is not working very efficiently. Anyone going on
site to do a takeover WITHOUT a replacement board is asking for
trouble, and the resultant huge waste of time. In a large
organizations such as yours, it's far harder to organize that, but
it's still a waste of time unless you do.

> > I do see a lot of locked boards coming my way from the Toronto area
> > though. I suspect it's because of the effect of the "super
> > discounters" (monitoring from $6 to $9 monthly) who have a big station
> > in that city. So regular companies are saying..."if you're going to
> > steal my accounts because of a customer of mine wishing to go with
> > your cheap price, you're going to have to pay at least $50 to do
>
> Doesn't that discount your previous "we don't see that happening in
> our town"?

RHC: No, not here in Ottawa. Toronto is a major city like New York or
Los Angeles and is 250 miles away. As far as the local culture and the
people and their values in it, it might as well be on the other side
of the moon...