Dispelling the Myth of Build it and They Will Come For Retired People Who Want

As a retired person who decided to give the idea of making money
online a try, I can tell you first hand that this is no field of
dreams. If you think for one second that all you have to do is "build
it and they will come" you are dead wrong.
When I retired, like so many of the baby boomer generation, I decided
that I could earn a little extra income online. It had to be easy,
right? I mean, everyone was doing it -- or at least saying they were
doing it. While I was getting ready for the big day, the day I was
going to officially launch my blog, I began reading all the ways I
could get rich with Internet marketing.
My spam box filled up day after day with get rich quick schemes. To
tell the truth, I didn't like Spam when I thought it was a meat
product, but once I discovered it was the "file 13" for junk email I
liked it even less. Of course, like so many of us who are retired I
did peek at some of the offers -- and yes, I actually invested in a
few. That's when I realized that most of those making the offers were
making their "millions a month" on the Internet by getting those of us
who were clueless to contribute to their wealth.
I became overwhelmed with information and misinformation. To tell the
truth I could not tell the difference in some cases. I did not know
enough about making money online to know the difference between the
wheat from the chaff.
Over time I have learned that to earn money using my computer I have
to generate traffic to my site, just as I would have to get people to
come into a brick and mortar business. Traffic is the key to making
money whether you are using the computer or opening a retail store on
Main Street. If people do not come, you are not going to earn a penny.
After about a year of earning no more than $13.00 a month, and that
was a good month, I discovered keywords. Of course, I had used
keywords to find stuff online, but it never occurred to me that Google
was not reading my mind.
For all the glitz and glamour of SEO and niche sites and all the other
buzz phrases, if you do not start out with a little knowledge of
keywords and how to use them, Google (your best friend on the
Internet) is not going to bring you into the Google friendly family.
In other words, you can build as many sites as you can, but without
targeted keywords to help Google discover you and place you where you
belong, your web effort is going to be site 8,956,438 when people
start looking for what you have to offer. And, believe me there are
that many indexed sites on just about any subject. You will be lucky
to earn $13.00 a month if you find yourself on the last page.
I do not claim to be one of those retired millionaire gurus who is
going to flash pictures on the web of myself holding a check from
Google for $934,000. You won't see me standing in front of a new
sports car parked in front of a mansion with a well manicured lawn.
But, I can tell you that as a retiree who only wanted to supplement my
monthly check, once I learned the value of keywords and how to
properly use them my income jumped --- literally jumped --- from
$13.00 one month to over $300 the next. And, by the way, my checks
from Google have grown each and every month.
I have ten websites that are on Google's first page. Only two have
reached the #1 position, but the rest are within range. Now, would you
rather be #4 or #8,934,718? It really does not take a rocket scientist
to answer that one correctly. And, the truth of the matter is it does
not take a rocket scientist to get to #4 or even #1.
Being on the front page generates more traffic. More traffic generates
more income. The only way I have successfully made it to the front
page of Google is by effectively using the words or phrases people are
looking for.
If there is one lesson to be learned from my experience, it is that
you can build anything you want, but if people don't know about it or
cannot find it, they certainly cannot come to it. However, it takes
only a few strategically placed words to make your place on Google the
hottest place in the world.

Quickly And Easily Generate A Job-Replacing Income - http://gsnipers.key.to/