Re: Radio shack burg panel being used as apartment fire alarm

Doug wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Doug wrote:
>>> "nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> That sort of thing really pisses me off, I put two horn/strobes in,
>>> someone must have ripped one off
>>>
>>> Doug
>> That's what happens when you don't use epoxy to seal the strobes...
>
> I didn't think I'd need it, I used drywall screws to mount them to the
> drywall so it should have been secure.
>
> Doug

You can't trust 'dry'wall screws - sometimes the wall gets wet...

Should have gone with the double stick tape.  Guaranteed to last through
any conditions for at least a week (so don't put your stuff up. too far
ahead of the inspection).

Another note:  Speaking of inspections (I know - I was the only one to
do so... but it made me remember what my boss told me this afternoon)

So this morning my boss meets with the county inspector at a house where
the homeowner is hoping to get occupancy by Friday.

The hardwood floors were finished Monday - my boss called the flooring
contractor and was told as long as there are no shoes or they wear
booties they would be fine.

They had just gotten started when they hear a loud banging on the door
and a voice screaming (he said the guy was literally screaming at the
top of his lungs) "Get the Fuck out of my house!"

The inspector identified himself but that didn't seem to matter or even
calm the guy down (turned out he already knew 'cause the landscaper said
he had told the guy who was inside) - he just kept ranting about them
"destroying my floor."

I don't know when he'll get occupancy - but it won't be by Friday...

Shit, if I were Ed (the inspector) he'd be lucky to be in by Easter...

But then, I'm an asshole - Ed's a good guy...