Need to add sensors, but don't know which

Hi,

I've decided to add Glassbreak sensors and and add a couple of motion
detectors in my house.  I'm also looking to add an extra smoke/firealarm
around my kitchen area and one on the bedroom level.

My problem is that there are so many different makes and models out there on
the market that I really don't know which to get.  I've been scouring the
web for some unbiased reviews of different sensors, but that type of review
just doesn't seem to exist. I was once told years ago that I should use a
much more sensitive smoke detector on the bedroom level than near the
kitchen level, but don't know how to determine that from looking at specs.

I see there are so many different types and technologies of glassbreak
detectors, PIRs and smoke detectors that I am a bit lost with the selection
process.

My main panel is able to handle extra sensors / zones, so I have no worries
about that.  As well, wiring for the extra sensors is mostly done already so
I'm not concerned about getting the wiring in the correct place.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input / insight!

Eric