Re: Door Switches/ where buy ?

James wrote:
> I have a hard wired, simple,  Radio Shack alarm system.  It uses small
> spring-button switches that go into the frame of a door jamb.  You drill a
> hole about 3/4  of an inch or so, and install the switch in the hole.
>
> Radio Shack no longer makes alarm systems, and thus they don't sell the
> switches.   Can anyone recommend a place to buy them please ?
>
> Thanks for any advice on this.
>
> James

You can get different types of plunger switches from Lee Electric
or any electrical supply house that carries theirs or equivalent
products. The recessed closet door switches can be obtained with
either normally open or normally closed contacts. You can print
out a picture and show it to a salesman at any electrical supply
company and they'll know what you are looking for. You need to
specify open or closed contacts for when the door is open. Lee
Electric has a catalog in PDF format that you can download that
will show you the specs and pictures of the different switches.

http://www.leeelectric.com/switches/

TDD