Re: Door Switches/ where buy ?

On Nov 23, 10:49=A0pm, "James" <jnipper...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow, Don, that link shows my exact switch configuration, but it is now a
> reed switch, which will be an improvement !!!
>
> Thanks Don, and for all the other replies !!
>
> And yes, Radio Shack did sell alarm systems, I have two to prove it, but =
of
> course I don't need to.....
>
> James

I have come across a Radio Shack branded alarm, though I wouldn't call
it a security system. Whether radio shack "made" them or not isn't
really the point, they do exist . I think the reason you see so few
mechanical plungers is they a far less reliable than magnetic reed
switches.

Instead of sinking for money into this alarm , you may want to
consider upgrading to cowbells hung from your doorknobs.