[no subject]

During the ISC show we received numerous questions related  to our
relationship with Enersys. Following is a summary of the situation;

In January of 2009 Yuasa Battery, Inc. ended its supply agreement with
EnerSys, Inc.

Yuasa no longer supplies any Genesis or Enersys branded product to
Enersys.

Yuasa Battery, Inc. has reentered the direct to distributor and direct
to OEM markets.

"If it doesn't say Yuasa on the outside " it's not Yuasa on the
inside"

We look forward to supporting your battery requirements. If you have
any question, please call us at 201 535 8800

Best Regards
Doug Pierce
Vice President Industrial batteries     End Quote

Their website is www.yuasabatteries.com

On additional literature it says .... in part

After much consideration, Yuasa Battery, Inc, decided that beginning
in January 2009 it would no longer privately lable batteries
manufactured by Yuasa and sold in the North American market. Yuasa has
re- entered the direct to distributor and direct to OEM markets after
ending a lengthy relationship with EnerSys Inc., a move that was
prcipitated by diminishing licensed sales over the last two years. In
fact, if you bought a battery within the last year, it's highly
unlikely that it was manufactured at the Yuasa plant. Moving forward,
if the product you purchase doesn't say yuasa on the outside, it's not
Yuasa on the inside.
(end of literature content)

For years, I've been buying the Genisis at the higher price because I
was told it was just Yuasa under a different name. And in spite of
the ADI people consitantly reminding me that the others were cheaper.
And in spite of other installers saying that if they don't last as
long so what, it's just more income for battery changes.

I have no way of knowing if their quality is the same as it was before
but I'm hoping it is. I'm switching back. As I said, I've already
shipped some to my clients.