How to Start a Home Based Business

In today's uncertain economy, many people are looking into starting a
home based business.  But, unless you know the proper steps on
how to start a home based business, you will surely fail in the long
term.  ln this article I will discuss some of the best ways to
start a home based business for long term success.
Find the right business model
This is the foundation for success in any home based business.
You must choose a business model that suits you as an individual, but
also one that can keep you in business for years to come.  There
are various business models, each with their own pros and cons.
Some of these include:
*Direct Selling/Network Marketing
*E-Commerce/Online Stores
*Internet Auctions
*Person to Person Sales/Services
This, of course, is a very small list.  My personal favorite is
the Direct Selling/Network Marketing model.   Because,
instead of having to do all the work myself, I can recruit a team of
others to duplicate my efforts, as well as my income.  These
people, in turn, will recruit others to duplicate there efforts, and
so on, and so on..............
Choose the right niche/industry.
Now, you need to choose the proper niche or industry to work in.
It doesn't matter how much money you make.  If the niche you pick
takes too much of your time or is something that you don't enjoy
doing, it isn't worth getting involved in.
Personally, I enjoy anything having to do with technology.
Specifically, anything having to do with telecommunications or
anything Internet related.  I know these industries will be
around for a very long time and are both recession proof.  People
will give up alot of things during a recession, but they will not give
up their Internet access, their cell phone or their TV.