Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"mleuck" wrote:

> Hey here is a neat idea, try asking Honeywell

Who do you think owns ADI?

> Someone who think customers don't want color touchscreens is a fool

Someone who thinks a significant percentage of customers wants them enou8gh to
pay a premium price is... well, you.

> Now you're claiming that you can download a Napco system faster without a
> PCI-Mini than someone elese who is using one. There's no end to your bullshit,
> Leuck. There is *no* faster way to DL a Napco panel than via PCI-Mini, no
> matter who is doing it.

I didn't say Napco panel, it's a comparison...

To what?  I've downloaded Napco, DSC, Honeywell, etc.  Napco is the fastest,
hands-down.

>> Nobody has asked because for your brand you can't
>
> No one asked because no one ever needed to do it. People ask if something is
> possible because they want it -- not because it's already doable. Keep trying
> though, Leuck. This is fun.

> Apparently then your entire website is only filled with items customer's
> requested, interesting

Nice try.  I didn't say that I don't offer things unless they're requested.  I
said that not many people are interested in graphical touchscreens.  That
doesn't mean we don't offer them.  It only means they're not particularly
popular.  Since my markup on the touchscreens is the same as on conventional
keypads, it's got nothing to do with *my* price either.  It's a simple fact.
Try real hard to think.  I believe you can do it even if no one else does.

>>> Or like keypad programming you don't know how to do it
>>
>> You'd like to think that.
>
>You've yet to prove me wrong, when someone here asks about it you strangely go
>quiet

Wrong again.  I've answered the question several times.  I don't recommend
keypad programming a Napco Gemini system.  If someone wants help I'll gladly
spend as much time as he needs on the phone teaching him how to use Napco's
software.  If you want to teach someone how to keypad program, feel free.  I've
noticed you only offer help to DIYers if you think you can show me up.  The rest
of the time you only post snide remarks.  It shows the kind of person you are.
That's kind of sad actually.

>> On the contrary, it is you who don't understand. In order to assure remote
>> access via the Internet, the local system *must* have constant access. That's
>> so simple even you should have known it.

> Only when the customer is accessing it or when the hardware needs to send an
> update

If you want to be able to access a panel over the Internet you have to ensure
the panel has constant access.  This isn't all that complicated.  Maybe if you
squint real hard you'll grasp it.

I'll snip the rest of this.  You've nothing to contribute.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics