Re: central station monitoring in US/Canada?

Toxx wrote:

> I've a question about central station monitoring.
>

> Here in Germany a central station monitoring also means that guards of
> the alarm company drive to your premise to verify your alarm and then
> call the police if there was obviously a burglar.
>
> How is it handled in US/Canada?
>
> Does the central station monitoring only call up the premise to check
> for false alarm an the send the police?
>

> Greetz
>
> Toxx

Central Station Monitoring in Canada also has a guard response component
as an option.  Unfortunately (in the Lower Mainland/Vancouver area)
we're spread pretty wide which makes using a more local
responder/independent guard company a better option.  It makes more
sense to employ a local independent who has a contracted patrol
component to their service and that may actually have a car "in the
general area".