Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

--
**Crash Gordon**

<yp@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:17:34 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
> <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>You can 86 the cellphone idea, it won't work.
>>
>>It will dial,  you will answer and hear nothing or maybe a few bleeps and
>>buzzes, it will hang up, and dial again and again and again, until it
>>fails
>>out and puts up an FC on the keypad. The FC will remain there until you go
>>into programming and exit programming...every time. BTW...all this time
>>it's
>>trying to dial your wife at home will not be able to use the phone.
>>
>>It will provide you with NO useful information when it calls your
>>cellphone,
>>NO you won't know if it's an alarm condition or a low battery or your wife
>>bypassed something after you left home.
>
> I don't believe that.

UH...Ok, don't believe it...try it on your own.

>>It may be easy to cut the phone line, but believe it or not they usually
>>don' - besides with your logic you're already beginning with a cut phone
>>line
>>:-)
>
> An amateur and a fool wouldn't cut the phone line.  I suppose your
> logic is to leave your keys in your car! :)))

Me? No, I have professionally monitored alarm system in my home via dd, and
cellular side channel backup...and soon IP.
And yes, in 25 years of doing biz, and  having installed over 10K alarm
systems, I've only had two attacks on phone lines and those were commercial
sites...and the backup systems worked and we dispatched on the purps.

I suppose your logic is to have your system dial your cell phone...ha! Go
ahead give it a shot...it's your money not mine.