Re: Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

JoeRaisin wrote:

>I'm not saying that I think these checkpoints are my favorite things,
>but since court precedent deems them legal this guys actions smack of
>useless petulance.
>
>The agents at these checkpoints are not jack-booted thugs.  They are
>just normal guys doing a legal (as deemed by court precedence) job they
>are told to do.  Giving them a hard time and backing up traffic making
>other people late just so he can post inflammatory videos that do
>nothing to change the law is childish.

It's not childish to stand up for your rights.  The checkpoints that were
'cleared' by the Supreme Court are those which are "Fixed and permanent", not
the temporary types that can be removed on a daily basis (such as the one in
AZ).

http://supreme.justia.com/us/428/543/case.html

You may be thinking, "it's no big deal" just answer the questions to make it
easy on everyone.  It is a big deal.  I don't want to give up my rights for
the convenience of those sitting behind me in traffic, or to make the
officer's day less difficult.  Every little time we waive our rights, we are
inviting more opportunity for them to take advantage of us.

I think Ben Franklin said it best:
deserve neither liberty nor safety."