Re: For those of you with alarm storefronts

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> It turns out I'm winning on this one.  We are going to go with a separate
>> room for the filing cabinets, which will of course be behind locks, alarm
>> and video (the video i'm not so sure of yet - half dvr for us, half demo
>> unit for everyone else).  As for the laptop, it's rarely left setup and
>> will get stored with the filing cabinets when not in use.
>
> Consider multiple DVR.  One in the room, and one in another area of the
> buuilding with approach and internal cameras lopped through both systems,
> and loook at ftp on exception for those cameras to offsite storage.

Unfortunately not going to happen.  Although I am hoping to secure the DVR
somehow from simply being stolen (or hopefully even found), but that will
have to wait to see what options I have.

There is some small chance that the DVR could end up in the secure room as
well, but we'd have to find a solution for the monitor, keyboard and mouse
cables.  I know there are KVM switches that can be connected by Cat5, as one
of our customers had his IT guy install one for his DVR.  It would only be
about 40 feet of wire to run between the DVR and the demo area.