Re: DSC Opinions Please

ABLE1 wrote:
> Hello all, (with reservations)
>
> Ok, I know the subject of this thread may be a bit challenging for
> some here but..............................
>
> Due to circumstances beyond my control (which happens often)
>
> I am looking into the DSC Maxsys Fire Alarm panel as a product of
> choice for commercial fire applications.
>
> This the part where I duck and
> cover......................................................
>
> Anyone have any for, against, otherwise, even, blasé, don't care, no
> way Jose OPINIONS that they would like to share?????
>
> TIA
>
> Les(ducking and covering)

I have used the 4020CF in applications where a burg system existed, and they
wanted to add fire. In addition to the 4020CF panel, you will need to
purchase a PC4702 power supply/bell output panel, which comes in another big
can. DSC locks out downloading on this panel unless someone is on site.
(Yeah, I know the rules, blah, blah, blah. Save it.)
After doing this a couple of times, I can see that the best way is to keep
the burg and fire systems separate. I would look at a Silent Knight fire
panel, and use DSC for the burg side.

--
js