Siren question - 12V 1A enough?

Hi all,

I have a linear corp alarm and want to buy an outdoor siren alarm -
the specs on the alarm are 12V and 1A maximum, which equates to 12W (I
think).

All the sirens online appear to be 20, 30 or 40W and people mention
quite often they are not loud enough. Can I run a more powerful siren
with a relay or something, or what siren would be best?

Thanks!