Re: DSC Opinions Please

"alarman" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KwXvl.24982$0E.2173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ABLE1 wrote:
>> "G. Morgan" <no_em@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> I prefer Fire-Lite or Silent Knight FACP's.
>>>
>>> I've never used a DSC Maxsys, but if it's anything like thier burg.
>>> panels I
>>> would run.
>>>

>> Would you care to expand your comments on    "run"    Towards or away
>> from???
>>
>> BTW the Maxsys is a Fire/Burg/Access capable panel.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>
> Les, I have also used the DSC 4020 in an access system, with burg. It
> works great. Programming the MaxSys can be a daunting task the first time
> you do it though.

I was talking with a rep from a competing manufacturer yesterday, and if I
recall (we only touched on it) the DSC combo commercial panels will not meet
the latest UL revision.  Napco's old MA3000 which was their work horse in
that department won't either, but they have a new panel going to UL for
listing that should be ready to market in about 6-12 months.