Re: The kid has a new one

JoeRaisin wrote:

>My kid and his buddy finished this one about a week ago.
>
>They did this one at an open mic and got a standing ovation.
>
>What'ya think?
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0g_9PID7Y

Wow, that's really good.  I'm not big on rap but they blended it in well with
the other singer.  I like that style of 90's rock rhythm and it is almost two
songs in one with the rapping portion.  I wasn't sure if I liked it at first
but I think they pulled off the integration pretty well - reminds me of Kid
Rock.  Excellent guitar work, and mixing with the orchestral music too.  It's
a little too long, I would prefer less than 4 minutes.  The very end dragged
on a lot longer than necessary also.  I would increase the tempo and adjust
the tone to a more "MC Hammer/Sir Mix a Lot" in-your-face style during the
"rap" part.  Perhaps add some cool back-beat drum fill-ins occasionally to
keep it flowing during transitions.

Did he want a critique or are you just a beaming proud dad? :-)