Re: ok, what's the trick?

Christopher Glaeser wrote:
> Got a new Altronix power supply.  The punch-outs don't seem to be punched
> out enough.  Should I be able to remove one by pushing hard from the inside
> with a large screw driver?  Or punch with a hammer?  Or, is it possible
> these were only partially punched?  I've pushed and banged pretty hard, and
> they don't budge.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I ran into the same problem with a couple of units as well.  I always
carry a small chisle and a hammer in the van for just such an occasion.
  Start at the part of the insert across from the tab on the inside of
the can.  Once you get it to partially "open", use a pair of needlenose
pliers to work away at the insert.  The die Alltronix is using must be
old or the guy that's operating the machine doesn't have it set
correctly.  I wound up with the same problem on a DSC 1864 can as well.
  Instead of removing the 1/2" knock out (as I intended), the 3/4" came
away.  Bummer.