Re: 2006 IBC 2nd attempt

"RockyTSquirrel" <gafa@/nospam/usa.com> wrote in message
> NFPA 72

Its covered by 1.5.6 in the 1999 edition and by 4.4.5 in the 2007 edition,
there was and still is an option to use a heat detector if the environment
was unsuitable for a smoke detector. The 2007 edition added that a detector
was also required for notification appliance power extenders etc, but for
some strange reason in the 2007 edition an exception was introduced to allow
the omission of the detector for fully sprinklered buildings. I don't know
where you are located but you should check with your local AHJ because some
jurisdictions deleted that exception when adopting the code.

Doug