Re: WTF

JoeRaisin wrote:

>The fact that cannabis is one of the most benign intoxicants known (I
>don't believe there has ever been a case of death by overdose) is
>overshadowed by the usefulness of Industrial Hemp which, while grown in
>several countries, is still kept at an almost minimal level.  Mostly
>because its cousin, marijuana, is considered such a deadly drug.
>
>In order for something like hemp seed oil to be an affordable substitute
>for petroleum products, particularly as a substitute for diesel fuel
>(did you know the diesel engine was invented with hemp oil as its fuel)
>it would have to be grown on a massive scale.  Since the by-product of
>the fuel extraction is a high protein seed cake we could then be getting
>food *from* fuel production instead of diverting food to make fuel.
>
>Not to mention the use of stalks as fodder for livestock, fibers for
>textiles and paper as well as biomass for clean energy.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp
>
>And how did such a helpful plant become illegal?

Very well said, Joe. :-)

Maybe, just maybe, the Obama people will finally see the light.  He already
has ordered the DEA not to raid prescription pot "pharmacies" that are legal
in California.

I don't know if you like Glenn Beck or not but he is pushing the issue on his
show.  He is asking for the feds to either decriminalize it, or enforce the
laws uniformly -- so there is no more "gray area".

>In addition to the article posted below I have also read in the past
>that the patent holder on 'paper from wood pulp' process was related one
>of Ansligner's staunchest supporters.  Then there was the Rockefeller
>faction who saw hemp oil as a threat.
>
>http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

That's an interesting site, I'm looking forward to reading it.