Motion detector programming

I programmed my pirs as interior follower and they tended to activate
the alarm instantly whenever they saw motion.  Now I changed them to
interior/delay and they give me a chance!

Is this OK?  I would like for someone to give me some suggestions on how to
best set up my zones.  (Ademco Vista 20)  The instructions are hard to
decipher.

Zone 1 is fire
2 is pir
3 is pir