Re: Sell LCD telephone Burglar Alarm Systems

CH®IS wrote:
> Perhaps it was the low quality drill bits I was using when they first
> came out.  Ever use a spade bit that large (3/4"?) and try to get a
> good, even, level hole drilled?
>
> Perhaps it's the fact that the end cap doesn't want to stay on
> securely.
> Or perhaps it's the fact that you'll never get the contact out in the
> future to replace it.  You may not even be able to get the board out
> of the casing to replace the battery.  I suppose the best solution
> here would be to use the optional end cap that gets screwed onto the
> door frame and drill a little too large intentionally.
>
> Although the last one I installed had to go into the door with the
> magnet in the frame.  It was very easy on that one, but probably not
> the best option for the longevity of the contact.  Ironically, this
> was a place where we were trying to keep people from breaking out,
> and all the surface contacts were either destroyed or thrown out the
> window into a forest.  The only one the has survived is that recessed
> contact.
> - Chris

Try the spade bit, and if it starts to wander, stop. Finish with a hole saw
to keep the hole true. Try the transmitter case, if you have to force it,
stop. Use the spade bit again to ream the hole a little at a time til your
case fits perfectly. Use a little ALEX caulk or silicone to hold in place if
necessary.

--
js