[no subject]

Whether there are home automation devices on the system or not ... if
there is no additional relays or modules attached to the panel, my
guess would be no.

I don't understand the reason for changing the panel. If her old panel
was an 8 zone ...... any manufacturers panel .... and she's trying to
compare that to an installation that requires almost 96 zones ....
it's not going to make any difference WHAT kind of new panel you
replace the Napco panel with ........... she's STILL going to have a
problem understanding it. You can't compare an 8 zone panel to a 96
zone .... ANY .... manufacturers panel and think it's going to be just
as easy to operate. I can understand that if you are not familiar
enough with the Napco panel to explain it to her,.... but to just
change it out .... at HER expense .... to a panel simply so that you
CAN explain it to her .... just doesn't seem to be the right thing to
do .... to me. Either learn the Napco panel or see if you can pay
someone who knows the system to explain it to her, while you pick up
the monitoring. I'm sure someone would take a $100.00 to spend an hour
or so explaining the system to her ...... properly.

That is .... if you have the dealer codes to get into programing ....
etc.

I've been installing Napco for about 30 years and I never have a
problem teaching anyone ..... including elderly people ( that is ....
older than me. ) how to use it.

Also, doesn't she have a monitoring agreement with the installing
company?  If so, she might be obligated to complete the contract with
them before she could change companys ...... anyway.

You didn't say where you are located. Maybe someone here is close
enough to you to help you out.