Re: Please recommend cctv dome camera

On Jul 25, 5:37=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wdoe...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Must be economy of scale, or just ripoff.
>
> Or that annoying "knock", =A0"that it can't be far from the computer (USB=
)",
> might have something to do with it.

Actually the complexity of an IP camera is less than that of a digital
snapshot camera.  Yes there is the addition of an ethernet interface,
but there is the absence of:
LCD screen
Battery
Flash
Human interface software and buttons/switches
Large amounts of storage/memory
Decent zoom lens (at least the IP cams I have seen have nothing
equivalent to even the cheapest of snapshot cameras)